Monday, December 10, 2012

Stuff in progress

Well, well..

After about pulling my hair out and finally figuring out a pattern to   re-make a headband for my daughter, I am pleased with the progress I made.   The problem with making something as you go along:  There is no established pattern in case you have to re-make it.. but using a different knitting technique the second time around (I.E.   Size 6 circular needles)    Agghhh..  after being awake for 20 hours straight here it is: (Not including frogging this multiple times, due to fatigue, insomnia, improper stitch count, and finally...  actually  knitting this with the perfect amount of stitches, only to get the work all twisted, and starting over again:  Here it is!  Finally done!
Hanging out on the lamp waiting to be mailed to my daughter...(She's so patient) 

The beauty of all the consternation is this:  It fits (me) perfectly!
Hopefully it will fit Sierra perfectly too :)


Next: After frogging this perfectly knitted hat due to improper stitch count.. (Yes..  I measured my head and created a gauge)  but math does not like me, and it was too big the first time.. I originally casted on 104 stitches.. nope.. too big! Had to rip out all those stitches and start all over.. ugh.. kill me now..

Cast on again.. 90 stitches.. (see those little plastic rings?  I was THAT tired..WAY too tired to count by ones.. it was easier to count in multiples of 10..  and the rings will come in handy later when it is time for decreasing the number of stitches.. again, more math.. not something I am thinking about right now.


Made with love.. even for me..  or as a gift for someone.. or to sell on Etsy..  I don't know yet.. Right now.. it is SO Soft and cuddly cozy.. and perfectly stitched... (for the moment) 

Onward to what really, really needs to be done:  Make out Christmas cards:    Maybe if I started back in June:    Haha..




No comments:

Post a Comment