Monday, January 7, 2013

Another one for the books..

Hello Friends,

It's been almost three weeks since I posted anything.  Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  

I had taken a hiatus from blogging, but not from knitting.  I don't think that will happen.. it's such a fun hobby.   I have great news to share too.
I made my first sale on Etsy!  Yes!  It's a baby step.. nevertheless, a  baby step in the right direction.

Thought I would post some pics of some of the stuff that I've made..








This is going to be my daughter, Sierra's,  hat, she requested one a few weeks ago, and now it is almost complete.

I've discovered that I really enjoy making hats and have a couple of orders coming up.    Another item I really enjoy making are the fingerless gloves.  I have totally changed my technique and am using the "Magic Loop" technique using Addi Circular knitting needles US size 8.   I like the way my knitting turns out.. it looks more polished and professional..   ( I love the beadwork.. don't you?)

Here are some pics of the fingerless gloves I've made for stepdaughter, Connie ( they were going to be her birthday present, but her birthday came and went.. then they were going to be her Christmas present.. but I managed to get one done.. Long story.. it was a very easy pattern, but I think my concentration was totally shot.. so it took me about 13 times.. yes.. 13 times before it was the last time I started over..  (Blame Christmas, Blame Vodka..heh..)







I hope she likes these.. 
:) 

On another note:

Living in Las Vegas makes me grateful for the rain of my native Pacific NW home.   My cousin Ken sent me an email letting us all know that his home in Naselle, Washington (it's about 15 minutes away from Long Beach Washington)  had almost 11 feet of rain for the year of 2012.. one for the record books.. here is a copied and pasted portion of his email:

A friend of ours who lives about a mile from our house has a weather station that records rainfall and in 2012 it shows 135 (134.97 to be exact) inches of rain in Naselle.  I did not have to irrigate my lawn last year.  

To make him feel LOTS better, I sent him this article: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/19799632/record-rainfall-year-for-las-vegas-valley

Mind you, the yearly average of rainfall, according to that news article, for Las Vegas is 4 inches..  for 2012 we got 4.19 inches of rain.. One for the record books!  Yes!!  Who woulda thought?  

As always, you can find stuff I've made up for sale on Etsy right here on this website:  www.CrazyCozyChick.Etsy.com

And all are welcome to follow me around on Facebook, as I sometimes post pics of things I'm either selling, or can make you one just like what you see on Facebook..before they go on Etsy.
www.Facebook.com/CrazyCozyChick

Until next time
~Nancy~





No comments:

Post a Comment